Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Succesful lunch



All day I have been having this craving for tomato basil soup... After searching the internet for recipes I came up with well nothing. Everything required stock or cream or some other item that one doesn't just have on hand. So, I created my own recipe. Here it goes:

Tomato basil soup the simple way.

2 Tomatoes
1 can organic tomato sauce un flavored
minced garlic
salt
pepper
paprika
pepper
1 small red onion

throw the tomatoes in the food processor and chop them up then add all ingredients but the onion in the pot and heat on medium low. Season with spices to taste. Sautee the onions and once they are done add them in the soup. Simmer on low 'til it is hot enough. Taste and add spices as needed

Makes enough for two people to have one bowl each.

The bread recipe can be found here.

The only difference for me in the bread is:

I used duck eggs instead of chicken,
guar-gum instead of xantham gum
and i didn't let it rise and just put it in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.

The yellow color comes from the duck eggs.

No comments: